Whybe a Yogi - Speak, Share, and Proclaim Your Goals
I love holidays and doing traditional things on these days - i.e. watching fireworks on July 4th, drinking a green beer on St. Patrick's Day, eating all the food on Thanksgiving, etc. And one of my favorites is at the end of every year to reflect on the previous year, and set goals for the upcoming year(s).
In the past, I have been vague about my goals: be healthier, do more yoga, move up at work, save more money. Yes, these are a great starting point, and I i know they're not as effective as they could be.
This year, I decided to dive even deeper.
I created a list of specific one-year goals that I want to make a reality in 2018.
Writing my goals down, sharing them with others, and actually speaking them out loud is a new experience for me - and honestly terrifies me. I usually write them down privately in my journal and don't look at them until the end of the year.....I know, really productive, right? I can already tell that by spending more than 10 minutes on my goals and sharing them that this year is for real.
ONE YEAR GOALS
- I have a home yoga practice that I do at least 5 days per week.
- As a result of my personal yoga practice I do at home, I am confident and effective in leading others to also develop their own home practices.
- Because of my commitment to developing my own yoga practices at home, I have begun to teach workshops to others based on home yoga practices.
- I have $30,000 in my savings and investing half of it.
- I am posting one blog post a week on my personal blog.
- I am reading two books per month and writing at least one review a month on my blog.
- I plan and prepare all meetings with upper management related to financial reporting (for all quarters we report to the SEC)
- I am co-leading yoga teacher trainings with other facilitators at BIG
- At least two weekends during a teacher training I am co-leading a designated workshop for the students
How can you begin
to manifest your dreams and turn possibility into reality?
Brainstorm and write down your dreams.
Create a mental image of the life you what to create.
Work backwards; see where you want to be in one year, and think about the specific actions you need to take right before that, and then again right before that, and so on.
Write down specific dates you will take these actions.
Communicate these actions, find an accountability buddy, write them down, and put them somewhere you can see them often.